How to conquer the most challenging bodyweight exercise.
The One Arm Chin/Pull Up is one of the most impressive strength moves in history. It is a clear demonstration of your body’s superior power-to-weight ratio and your control over your body’s limits.
We have had thousands of requests for a tutorial from all over the world – as a result we have successfully trained many guys, of all ages and weights to work up to this incredible feat of strength.
Training for a One Arm Pull Up/Chin Up:
- Before you can do a One Arm Pull Up (OAP), you must be able to do at least 20 regular full-range pull ups or chin ups; it is dangerous to attempt an OAP before you have the fundamental strength to develop the required technique
- When doing two-arm pull/chin ups, vary the hand grip you use on each set, eg: close grip palms facing you, palms away, wide grip palms in, then out and all variations in between, eg: one palm facing in, the other out – varying your grip weaves your muscles and opitimses upper body strength and tone
- You will need access to a chinning bar. You can even get a length of steel pipe and put it across two stable surfaces or hang it trapeze-style with rope from a stairway or a tree or whatever
- Most important of all, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY; if you feel any pain, stop immediately and recover until there is no pain
Performing A One Arm Pull Up/Chin Up:
- First off, you will need to build your GRIP STRENGTH on each hand; until now your hands have been sharing the load of your body weight, now your hands must be trained to comfortably hold DOUBLE that weight by doing OneArm Chin/Pull Ups
- Grab on to the pull up bar with one hand and grab your wrist with the other – then PULL UP! When you can do ONE rep, stay up as long as you can (called a ‘lock off’) and then let yourself down as slowly as you can, inch by inch – this is called a ‘negative’
- As you get stronger, grab your pulling arm lower and lower away from your wrist, increasing the strength required for your pulling arm to raise your body
- When you get to this stage you are on your way to your first One Arm Pull Up!
For the most comprehensive step-by-step guide program to achieve a One Arm Pull Up, get our Total Body Training Package, featuring all the crucial information and secret techniques that you need to build the body of your dreams..